Thursday, January 31, 2013

What New Year's Resolution?





Now that January is drawing to a close, do you remember your promises to make 2013  a better year?  If you are like my husband, you stay quiet and pray.  If you are like my husband's friend, staring at your belly button is enough contemplation for one month (that kind of deep thinking is reserved for babies).  Here are a few more reflective
resolutions ~


"My resolution is to be less naughty, so Jesus will be happy."  M.B. (7 years old)

"My resolution is to be more thankful!  Each day, I will write four things in a journal for which I am grateful. Today, I was grateful for the bright sun and the light snowflakes; for my daughter's phone call; for my neighbor sharing some homemade soup; and for the kids in Newtown, Connecticut going back to school with love and support from our country and prayers." B.H.



"I resolve to make the Sacrament of Reconciliation more of a priority in my life. I know that regular attendance at the Sacraments is a source of grace in our lives, and I personally know that frequent reception of the Sacrament of Reconciliation gives me the grace and strength to refrain from behavior that is not-pleasing to our Lord." A.J.


"My resolution is to spend more time alone with my spouse."  J.J.

"My resolution is to use my filter."  E.J.



"My resolution is to be nice to my baby sister."  J.T. (six years old)

"My resolution is to calm down and realize that everything really is not that urgent." H.B.

"My resolution is to not throw things when I get mad."  M.J. (4 years old)


"My resolution is to be more like Mary. While that is a VERY tall order, it really means that when I'm being impatient with my husband I remember how calm and appreciative Mary always was with Joseph. When the girls act up, I remember how Mary felt so blessed to have Jesus while using loving discipline (not that Jesus ever needed discipline!) Really it's all about perspective and how Mary viewed her life to help me put my "small" issues into perspective."  D.P.

"My resolution is to be the quarterback in the book club." R.J. (9 years old)


"My resolution is to also like the swords Grandpa made for my little boy."  B.L.J.


"My resolution is to . . . is to . . . I have no idea."  M.J. (six years old)






No comments:

Post a Comment

If you do not own a profile, choose "Anonymous" to leave a comment. Sign your name, for a reply. I look forward to hearing from you!