Monday, April 15, 2013

The Memorare for those in Boston ~


Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who
fled to your protection, implored your help,
or sought your intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly before you, O Virgins of Virgins, my Mother. To thee do I stand, sinful and sorrowful. Oh Mother of the word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen.

Our family's Petitions are for the those in Boston and for their families:
We pray that those who lost their lives in this tragedy are with our Father in Heaven.
We pray that those suffering physical and emotional pain from this tragedy are comforted by the Holy Spirit.
We pray for families who felt the impact of Boston's tragedy, that Jesus will guide and strengthen them.
We pray for our nation. May God protect us and keep us in His hands.
Amen.


Here are thoughts about helping children after tragedy strikes.  First, pray.

Secondly, if children have not reached the age of reason (age 7 for most) it will be difficult for them to understand why sad, scary events occur.  During these times, adults even ask themselves "Why?" Each family has their own boundaries, but I believe it is best for little ones to be protected from knowing too much about tragedies.

Finally, I cannot take credit for this nugget of wisdom to share with your children.  A wise tweeter, tweeted Mr. Rogers, "When I was a boy and I would see something scary in the news, my mother would always say, "Look for the helpers.  You will always see someone helping."

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you do not own a profile, choose "Anonymous" to leave a comment. Sign your name, for a reply. I look forward to hearing from you!