Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Favorites

The past days, Christmas Eve Mass was my favorite hour.  My little Mary, resting on my lap while the children's choir sung, Silent Night, made Jesus' birthday sweet and beautiful.  I breathed in Christmas Eve Mass, making the frantic chaos of the days wisp away into the cold air. What a blessing it was.
God Bless our  little ones

The noise, excitement, and busyness of nine cousins opening presents, in simultaneous exaltation was a mighty blessing, too.  Six boys searching for "one more present;" and two little girls opening the same doll, and forgetting their other gifts, to pretend, was delightful. The eldest grandchild graduated to music and books, and informed the family she didn't miss toys.  Yet, she found peaceful joy in her two year old cousin and peppermint play dough.

This morning my four year old made me smile, as she pranced around in her new Christmas attire.  What will I do when she gets too old for flowered, bow covered outfits?  Who will snuggle with me during Mass?  Who will I watch opening dolls to share with cousins?  Who will I make peppermint play dough for?  What boys will I giggle at, as they race around the living room with walky-talkies, and lego sets that already have missing pieces?

Our grand sized family continues to grow. I can't remember a Christmas without children.  There is another cousin on the way in February.   I thank God for that precious baby, and for my Christmas favorites: our children who have Baby Jesus in their eyes, hearts and souls, reminding us of the true reason for celebrating Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you do not own a profile, choose "Anonymous" to leave a comment. Sign your name, for a reply. I look forward to hearing from you!